By Pranay Jha
| May 4, 2017 | In Articles
| Total Views [ 179 ]
Configure Backup Jobs for Virtual Machine using Vembu BDR
In earlier posts we got to know about Installation and Configuration of Vembu BDR. Let's take insight how to Configure a Backup Job to take backup of Virtual Machines.
Step by Step:-
- Open Vembu BDR Management Console.
- Go to Backup Menu and Click VMware vSphere.
- It will list out the Virtual Center Name which we added in last article.
- Select VMware vSphere Environment and Click on Backup.
- Backup Configuration Wizard will initiate.
- It will show the hierarchy of Virutal Center Environment include all ESXi Hosts and Virtual Machines.
- Select Virtual Machines you would like to backup and Click Next.
- Configure Schedule and Click Next.
- Choose Retention Settings as per your Policy.
- Select Application Awareness if required or leave it unticked.
- Enter Backup Job Name and Click Next.
- Backup Job Configuration and has been Scheduled.
- Proceed further to initiated the backup if you want to run before scheduled window.
In Next Articles, we will go through with execution of Backup Jobs and then Restore.
Share this on Social Media
About the Author
My name is Pranay Jha, working in IBM as Technical Solution Architect for Virtualization platform. I have been working in IT for near around 10 years. Passionate to get involved as an Independent blogger for my blog http://vmwareinsight.com. I am VMware vExpert 2016/2017, VCAP5-DCD/DCA, VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCE-CIA, MCSE, MCITP, MCSA(Messaging).
For any query or suggestion, please connect me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for visiting here.