By Pranay Jha
| May 29, 2017 | In Articles
| Total Views [ 21251 ]
Two Steps to Manage this Licensing for vCenter. Please note the same we can do for ESXi Hosts.
- Step#1 Add License Key to Virtual Center
- Step#2 Assign License to Virtual Center
Manage License Key for Virtual Center Server:-
Step#1 - Add License Key to Virtual Center
- Login to Virtual Center using Web or vSphere Client. Here we have logged in thrugh Web Client.
- On top of console, you can see the note saying that licenses in our inventory either expired or not available.
- Go to Home > Click on Licenses under Administration Tab
- Click on Manage your Licenses in Getting Started Tab or Go to Licenses Tab.
- Click on + icon to Create New Licenses.
- Enter the vCenter Server 6.x Standard license key and press Enter to add a new line.
- Enter the vSphere 6.x Standard license key(For ESXi), and click Next.
- Label the license keys as per your convinient. Click on Next.
- Your Licenses have been added here. Now let's move to Step#2 to Assign Licenses.
Step#2 - Assign License to Virtual Center
- Go to Licenses Option and and Click on Manage Your Assets under Getting Started tab. It will redirect you to Assets Tab.
- Under Assets Tab > Go to vCenter Server Systems (To Assign License to Virtual Center). Do the same for ESXi Host in Hosts Tab if you want to assign License to ESXi Host.
- Click on Firts Icon -> to Assign License
- Select License and Click on OK.
- vCenter Server is Licensed Now. Enjoy Managing the Inventory.
Share this on Social Media
About the Author
Thank you for visiting my profile. I am Pranay Jha, bring along a total of 11+ years of extensive experience with me in Information Technology sector for organizations from small business to large enterprises, wherein my current assignment I am associated with IBM as a Technical Solution Architect for Virtualization platform. I am vExpert x 3 (16/17/18), VCIX-DCV, VCAP5/6-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, VCP7-CMA, VCP5/6-DCV, VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VSP, VCE-CIA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSA(Messaging). I am also an Independent blogger and founder of http://vmwareinsight.com and https://cloudpathshala.com. I can be reached via email at email@example.com or Direct Message via Contact Us form.