Alright!, Last week I was working on vRO and noticed that during AD authentication, I had to use complete email ID as user ID rather a small name which we have coinfigured as Account Name in Active Directory.
My situation was like this.
User Name - Pranay.K.Jha@vinsight.com
I was expecting to get this;-
User Name - vinsight\pkjha
Configure vRO to use AD Account Name as User ID.
- Login to vRealize Operations Console https://<IP_Address_vRO>/ui/login.action using admin credential.
- Click on Administration Menu and expend Access in left Panel.
- Select Authentication Sources and select AD Source which you have integrated earlier. If not added earlier then Click on + icon and add AD Source.
- To Edit AD Source, Click on pencil icon in right side.
In Source window, Click on Details highlighted below.
- Here you will get two options(samAccountName & userPrincipleName) in Common Name drop down menu.
- You need to choose Common Name as samAccountName if you want to login using short account nam erather email ID.