By Pranay Jha
| Jul 5, 2016 | In Tutorials
| Update: Jul 6, 2016
| Total Views [ 1765 ]
While enabling vNIC on Virtual Machine in dVS, it's giving Error: Invalid configuration for device '0'.
Virtual Machine NIC is showing disconnected(Image#1). When tried enabing, it's not getting connected and generating configuration error(Image#2).
To resolve this issue, change current port being used by VM. Follow below steps to perform this:-
- Go to Virtual Machine >> Edit Setting
- Select Network Adapter.
- Check Current using Port in Network Connection Section(Image#3).
- Go to Home>> Inventory>> Networking
- Expand related Distributed Switch and Click on Port Group being used by VM.
- Select Port Group, Click on Ports tab in right panel.
- Verify the available free port in that Port Group.
- Again go back to Virtual Machine >> Edit Settings.
- Click on "Switch to Advance Settings"(Image#3).
- Enter New Port Number>> Click OK.
- Now try connecting Network Adaptor, it should work.
Follow my blogs @ https://facebook.com/VMwareInsight
Join my group @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/VMwareInsight/
Please consider sharing if you found it useful.
My name is Pranay Jha, working in IBM as Technical Solution Architect for Virtualization platform. I have been working in IT for near around 11 years. Passionate to get involved as an Independent blogger for my blog http://vmwareinsight.com. I am carrying few industrial certifications as VMware vExpert 2016/2017, VCIX6, VCAP6-DCD, VCAP5-DCD/DCA, VCP6-DCVVCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCE-CIA, VSP, MCSE, MCITP, MCSA(Messaging).
For any query or suggestion, please connect me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for visiting here.